We all strive to put ourselves in a situation where we don’t have to worry about money, or live paycheck to paycheck. Wealth comes from more than just making a lot of money. There are a lot of easy ways to save some money as well. We have compiled some “money hacks” that can help you on your journey:
1) Pack your lunch- Eating out often can add up. Plan ahead, pack a lunch and save money. The average American spends $232 a month on eating out. Think how much you could save by packing your lunch. Keep track of how much you save in a month by doing this. You may be surprised.
2) Get a library card- Not only do libraries have the latest books, but most also offer digital content such as e-books, audio books, and podcasts. Many libraries even offer new releases on DVD. If you don’t already have a library card, stop by your local library and get one.
3) Order your groceries online- Doing so can help you stick to your budget, limit impulse purchases, see the best deals, and save yourself time. Some stores even offer lower prices online to beat competitor prices.
4) Drink water- Think of the money you can save by not buying soda, juices, or coffee. Drinking water also has so many health benefits. Staying healthy could help reduce medical expenses. You’ll also feel better being properly hydrated.
5) Walk or bike wherever you can- Think of the gas money you could save. And it’s good exercise too. How often do you drive somewhere that is close enough to walk or ride? You may even find that you enjoy walking or biking.
6) Limit TV subscriptions- Be selective with your subscriptions. There are so many options now for TV, music and more. Do you really need the luxury of 4 screens at a time? Do you need that extra channel? How much could you save by being more selective with your entertainment subscriptions?
7) Use RentPlus Money- The tools offered are useful for helping you plan, stick to a budget and much more. Automatically tracking and categorizing your spending will definitely help you on your financial journey. https://my.rentplus.com/
Trimming those excess expenses really can add up. What are some other ways you save money? Leave us a comment- we’d love to hear your money hacks. Also, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more upcoming money hacks.